7-Day South Island Family Holiday
Travel Dates in April, July and October 2021
Venture together into nature, past lakes and through kiwi territory.
It’s time to explore the marvellous sights and sounds of New Zealand’s South Island with the kids, and this seven-day family adventure is just the ticket. You’ll all be in awe driving past some of mother nature’s most spectacular sights – the Crown Range, Lake Wanaka, Milford Sound, Stewart Island and Te Anau Downs, to name just a few. And with all of the adventure covered, the family will be cycling, hiking, paddling, cruising and animal spotting until your heart is content. So, come and see what all the fuss is about on this exploration of New Zealand’s great wilderness, with all of the hassle and worries taken care of by our expert local team.
Why you'll love this trip
- Jump in a kayak on Lake Wanaka and meander to Glendhu Bay, then swap the paddles for a water taxi as you go explore the predator-free conservation island of Mou Waho.
- The scenery on New Zealand’s South Island is second to none. Traverse through lush ridges and gorges, and spend the day cruising through one of the world’s most admired natural wonders – Milford Sound.
- Cycle as a family along part of the Otago Rail Trail, stopping to soak in the historic trestle bridges and lush countryside that has remained largely untouched since the gold rush days.
- By staying on the wildlife mecca of Stewart Island, you and the family will have so many opportunities to head out exploring. Walk along the Rakiura track and ferry to Ulva Island – a natural habitat of rare plants and birds, including the kiwi.
- This South Island adventure is specifically designed with families in mind. Enjoy a range of lodge and apartment-style accommodation, plus plenty of time to relax by the lakes or head out to dinner together.
- Meals - 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport - Private minivan, Kayak, bike
- Accommodation - Apartments (2 nights), Lodge (2 nights), Retreat (2 nights)
- Arrowtown - Leader Led walking tour
- Wanaka - Millenium Trail walk
- Wanaka - Kayaking
- Wanaka - Mou Waho Island walk
- Te Anau - Lakeside walk
- Otago Rail Trail - Alexandra to Clyde
- Milford Sound - Cruise
- Milford Sound - Walk to Mirror Lakes and Lake Gunn
- Stewart Island - Guided Walk on the Rakiura Track
- Stewart Island - Ulva Island tour