NZ Cruise: Southland Expedition
**Prices are in Australian Dollars - Accommodation upgrades available**
Departing Lyttelton 1 March 2021 aboard Le Lapérouse | 6 days / 5 nights
Price for accommodation in a Deluxe Stateroom
Highlights include: Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound and Ulva Island (Stewart Island)
Discover sublime New Zealand landscapes with exceptional diversity on this 5 nights’ voyage from Lyttelton to Dunedin onboard Le Lapérouse. You will discover Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound and the well-known Milford Sound − three fjords bordered by majestic cliffs.
Enjoy a sense of secluded serenity as you sail through Doubtful Sound, referred to as the ‘Sound of Silence’, and navigate through the ‘eighth wonder of the world’, Milford Sound, with a spectacular backdrop that captivates even the most seasoned of travellers.
Watch as the dramatic beauty of the fiords change as you sail towards Ulva Island (Stewart Island), the largest of 20 islands within Paterson Inlet, Stewart Island, and explore this haven for birds and plants with well maintained tracks and walking trails.
- Sail New Zealand’s best known destination, Milford Sound, with its dramatic beauty and vertiginous peaks rising from the dark waters.
- Discover the rich flora and fauna of Dusky Sound, such as New Zealand Fur Seals and one of the world’s rarest penguins – The Fiordland Crested.
- Navigate Doubtful Sound’s three distinct ‘arms’ and several outstanding waterfalls, from Deep Cove to the open ocean.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Te Wāhipounamu – South West New Zealand.
- Undertake a guided walk on the predator-free sanctuary of Ulva Island/ Te Wharawhara.
- Gain an insight into the history and the diversity of flora and fauna from your expert expedition team on board and whilst exploring by Zodiac®.
Contact us to find out more and for a copy of the itinerary.