The Sir Edmund Hillary Explorer: South Island Rail & Coach Tour
Departing Christchurch - 13 Day Tour
Departure: 28th March 2022
From $6,950 per person twin share.
Single supplement additional $995.
A journey of a lifetime from Christchurch via Arthur’s Pass, Franz Josef, Te Anau, Milford Sound, Queenstown, Dunedin, Aoraki/Mt Cook, Kaikoura and Marlborough before the home stretch to Wellington, using a combination of Train & Luxury Coach.
Accommodation of at least 4-star rated properties.
- TranzAlpine Rail Journey
- Franz Josef Hot Pools
- Walter Peak Homestead
- Cruise Lake Wakatipu on the TSS Earnslaw
- Arrowtown Lakes District Museum
- Milford Sound Day Trip & Cruise
- Takahe Sanctuary
- High Tea & Castle Tour at Larnach Castle
- Celebrity guest speaker, Peter Hillary
- Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre at Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Tram ride in Christchurch
- International Antarctic Centre
- Visit The Store, Kekerengu
- Cruise on the Interislander Ferry
HERITAGE RAIL HIGHLIGHTS:
A return journey between Kingston & Fairlight on the iconic Kingston Flyer steam train will the icing on the cake for all rail fans. From Invercargill to Kaikoura, your rail journey continues with two magnificent heritage 1950’s DA locomotives in an impressive & powerful double-header formation. From Kaikoura to Marlborough, you will be hauled under a full head of steam by the historic WW1 memorial steam locomotive Ab608 Passchendaele, named in honour of our fallen soldiers at The Battle of Passchendaele in 1917.
- 12 cooked breakfasts
- 10 sumptuous dinners
- High Tea at Larnach Castle
- Gourmet BBQ lunch at Walter Peak Homestead
VIEW ITINERARY HERE: